2018 Lakota West Girl’s Golf Tryout Information
- Updated: May 24, 2018
2018 Lakota West Girl’s Golf Tryout information
Contact Coach Coffey if you plan to try out
August 1, 2018 – Waldon Ponds 18 Holes Cost $23.00 First Tee Time 2:30
August 2, 2018 –Hamilton Elks 18 Holes Cost $16.00 First Tee Time 2:30
August 3, 2018 – Fairfield North (Par 3) 18 Holes Cost $13.00 First Tee Time 12:00
There will be a 3-day tryout to determine the members of the Varsity and JV teams.
Note: Seniors (per GMC rules) are not permitted to be on the JV team roster unless there are not enough players to fill a JV team.
Important Things to Do/Know
- July 8th is the deadline to apply for a Participation Fee Grant. The cost to play Golf will be $200.00 per girl for grades 9-12. If awarded, you will get help paying for your fees. See the Lakota Schools Athletic page for forms and instructions. Deadline to pay fees ($200) is August 10th.
- EVERYONE must have a physical before she can tryout. Bring Physical forms with you to tryouts ( or give it to Coach Coffey any time before tryouts)
- Parent/Athlete mandatory meeting will be held on the evening of August 15th at Lakota West. There will be forms that need to be filled.
- You may purchase a Lakota West Golf bag, but it is not mandatory. (The cost will be $175.00.) Keep in mind, it takes 3-4 weeks to get the bag in if you decide to order one. You can order anytime, just let me know.
- Please let me know if you will or will not be trying out, and your shirt size (if you have not already given it to me), so I make sure I have enough tee times and get our uniforms ordered in time.
- Pull carts are permitted for all high school tryouts/matches/tournaments. Players and parents wear proper golf attire at all times. ( no tank tops or denim) Parents are welcome to follow their daughters at all events.
- Please have black, red and white shorts, skirt, pants (Whatever you are comfortable in) as part of our team uniform.