Alyssa Witmer Commits to Mount Saint Joseph University!
- Updated: January 28, 2019
Senior Alyssa Witmer (’19), daughter of Lisa and Chuck Witmer, has verbally committed to play softball and plans to continue her education at Mount Saint Joseph University next school year.
1. What led you to your decision to attend your chosen college?
The atmosphere of the campus, it’s a smaller private school and I really liked how it was a 1:11 teacher-student ratio. The smaller campus will be even smaller than West is.
2. What other schools did you consider?
I was considering UC
3. Do you know what you want to study?
Yes, Physical therapy
4. When did this school come into the picture?
Around August/ September, I saw that MSJ had a great Physical Therapy program and I started to look into the school more.
5. Have you visited the school? If so, when? How did it go?
Yes, I visited mid-September and it went well, I talked to the coaches and saw the campus for the first time and I loved it.
6. What are your strengths?
I am a hard worker and I put all of my efforts into everything I do. I always try to see the positive side of whatever is going on around me.
7. Did anyone help you through the recruiting process? What kind of help did they provide?
Yes, my summer ball coach Kavin Morgan and coach Dave Burbrink helped me a lot in contacting the coaches and talking to them about me.
8. What do you think you need to improve before starting college?
9. Please list any special awards, accomplishments or distinctions you may have earned:
• Firebird Award At The End Of The 2018 Softball Season
• Honor Roll All 4 Years Of High School
• Scholastic Gold Key Award For A Photo
• Bronze and Silver Award For Girl Scouts
Congrats Alyssa! #WestPride